And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
- Colossians 3:23
Church Secretary/Administrative Assistant
Part Time Employee (20 hours per week)
● Must be a Christian and represent not only Dublin Baptist Chinese Church, but Jesus Christ Himself and demonstrate a real love and care for others.
● Must be pleasant, discreet, tactful, and capable of honoring confidential communications.
● Must show a willing attitude of Christian service to the position and its responsibility.
● Must possess good telephone and communication skills.
● Must be able to deal with various types of personalities, both on the phone and in person, in a professional manner.
● Must be in agreement with Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
● Must be a member of this church in good standing, or become a member once employed.
● Perform general office work, under the supervision of the Pastor and cooperation with the other staff.
● Keep church staff informed of member’s needs such as deaths, illness and other crises.
● Perform general office work; order materials or office supplies; keep records and compile these into periodic or occasional reports. Accuracy and attention to detail is a must.
● Exercise tact, courtesy, confidentiality and diplomacy in receiving callers, in person or by telephone.
● Organize and maintain the calendar of church events and activities.
● Transcribe dictation; type letters or other documents as needed.
● Prepare, proof, print, and disburse weekly bulletins, and other documents as requested.
● Prepare and maintain mailing lists and church roster.
● Prepare semi-annual and annual reports.
● Coordinate, schedule and attend meetings and record minutes.
● Coordinate and schedule visitation appointments for Pastor and Deacons.
● Coordinate travel arrangements for speaking engagements.
● Do routine letters and documents as needed/requested.
● Keep accurate church records, (e.g. church members, prospects, baptisms, child dedications, etc), working in cooperation with the church ministries and committees.
● Enter Friday small groups bible study, Sunday School, and Sunday worship attendance records and prepare attendance sheets for each week.
● Schedule and follow church policy regarding building usage and key checkout.
● Perform other duties as assigned by the Pastor.
● At least a high school diploma, college degree preferred.
● Fluent in English / Chinese Reading, Writing and Typing.
● Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and ability to work with graphics.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any question, please contact Mei Hong (614-735-2170).